The different types of cookies we use
We use two types of cookies:
- Session cookies – these are cookies that are only stored while you are visiting the site
- Persistent cookies – these are cookies that are stored until an expiry date set by the website or in your browser.
The different owners of cookies on our websites
Some of the cookies on our site are set by us and others are set by third parties.
Third-party cookies include those where:
- We show third-party content, such as YouTube videos
- A third party is providing a service, such as analysing the pages that visitors to our sites view, or
- A third party is measuring the effectiveness of advertising links to or from our sites.
Cookies in Flash filesWhat is Flash
Flash is a file format used to show video and animation. We use Flash files to present information on our sites and integrate with third parties, such as YouTube.
It is possible for third party creators of Flash files to set cookies as part of
their files. At the moment, it is not possible to identify all flash files that
set cookies and this means we cannot guarantee the status of every flash file. The
Flash platform is distributed by Adobe and they offer a number of tools to monitor,
block and remove flash cookies:
Cookies used for transactions and forms
Many of our pages contain transaction areas, such as forms, and surveys. These areas
all need cookies to function.
Cookies used for online accounts and secure areas
Detailed report of the cookies on our websites
At AXA Insurance UK plc, we are committed to protecting your privacy and security. The following information gives details of what the most recent audit on 20th April 2012 found.
|Name of cookie||Domain||Type||Use|
How to turn off cookies
You can turn off cookies in your browser settings. If you do turn them off, it's important to remember that you may not be able to use all the services on our websites. You can find out more about turning off cookies at the independent website www.allaboutcookies.org.