Car InsuranceHow to compare your car insurance premium
Most people would like to save money on their car insurance, but may be wary of the cheapest car insurance rates in case they don't include the necessary cover. Some price comparison sites do a pretty good job, comparing price and the main cover features, but they don't look at the whole market or policy exclusions so it's worth getting a few more quotes and taking a closer look at the benefits to be confident you're getting the right cover.
Inspect the cover features
When you've collected your quotes and compared car insurance rates, think about which cover features are most important to you and see how they measure up. Is the price low because there's no courtesy car included, or is the excess level particularly high?
Study the small print
Once you've identified a few quotes that deliver competitive car insurance rates and include the cover features you're looking for, check the details:
- Are there any conditions that apply to the provision of a courtesy car?
- What are the cover levels for personal accident and liability to other people and their property?
- Is cover for personal belongings included?
Find the best package
AXA drivers get up to 90% no claims discount* and a free courtesy car whenever you're without a car following a valid claim with comprehensive cover. So if you're an experienced, careful driver, an AXA car insurance premium will compare favourably for you. Comprehensive cover comes with:
- Up to 90% no claims discount* - 15% more than most other insurers
- A free courtesy car whenever you're without a car, following a valid claim
- Up to £100 of cover for personal belongings
- UK based help team
- Immediate access to your policy documents using your AXA Account
- Manage your policy online
*45% of customers with 5+ years NCD receive the full 90% discount compared to those with zero NCD (June 2012).
Looking for insurance? Insure with AXA today.